Monday 8 April 2013

Cute Knitted Bow Clip

 
A quick project I made today was a pretty hair clip for my daughter.
While playing with my glue gun I remembered I had some knitted bows I made ages ago with a fellow crafter. Coming across these I picked a pretty blue one that I thought would complement my daughters eye colour.
 
The bow was knitted in simple knit stitch (garter stitch) every row. When you have a strip tie off use some excess to twist round the middle to create a bow shape.
I added a pretty pearl bead and stuck the bow to the hair grip.
The Kirby grips I bought from eBay cheaply they have a an extra bit on to stick the bow securely. There is no reason why you couldn't use a normal grip or a clip. If you didn't have a glue gun you could thread the clip through the bow back.
I like the vintage look of the bow in the Wedgewood blue.
 My little model very kindly posed for me to show you what it looks like on.
I noticed after taking the picture the bow matches her cardigan perfectly if only I'd meant to do that!
xx
 
 


3 comments:

Thank you for commenting always love to hear from you x